Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BillyB_from_LZ, Oct 19, 2003.

1. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm considering getting either cabinet. The CB would be easier to haul since they're slightly smaller and lighter.

Anyone have experience with both to be able to comment on how different they sound? I know that on paper the full size B115 goes deeper than the compact CB115. That doesn't necessarily tell the whole story.

I asked Dave for his thoughts and he said that yes, the B115 goes deeper but also commented that the CB115 sounds good for 5 string too.

I play a 5 string bass and I'd be pairing it with a 2x10.

I'm presently using a similar set up with a EVM 15B in a TL606 cabinet (which is about the same size as the CB and has approx. the same tuning). The low end seems OK, but I suppose more would be better:D

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Not from a sound point of view, but from a visual point of view: You'll have a stack that's as tall as it is wide! :p I hope your ok with that. Otherwise, that setup should rock. :bassist:

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I don't know...but it's a darn good question.

4. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    and woth a bump too ;).....