Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar B115H Neo vs Peavey 115BX Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gasjim, Sep 10, 2005.

1. gasjim

gasjim

Aug 20, 2005
    Hi

I'm lookin to buy a new 8 ohm 1x15 cab, I've got the Avatar B115H Neo or the Peavey 115BX in mind. As I live in England, the Avatar's are not as cheap as other cabs relative to the US prices so the Avatar cab with shipping is going to cost £290.The Peavey is £250.

At the mo i'm more tempted by the Avatar as it seems to have a good rep and also because the Peavey is so damned heavy. At the same time i'm slightly apprehensive about buying a cab that I have not been able to try out first. I've tried out the Peavey and liked it.

Just wondering anyone's opinions on the 2 cabs and if you have any other recommendations in the £200 - £300 bracket.

They'll be used with a Hartke 3500A.

Cheers

2. Do yourself a favour, and look second hand

I just recently got a Peavey 215D BW (Best of the 215's they made i believe), for a grand total of £75 ! (its in pretty damned good condition for its age)

for some reason (portability probably) the newer 115 BW's tend to go for a bit more, but still under the £200 mark