Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar B210 Delta 03: Just Pulled the Trigger

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doc540, Aug 20, 2003.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    It's shipping out today. As expected, Dave delivered exceptional customer service.

Sure feels good to be adding the final pieces to a new bass rig! Hard times dictated the sale of my last Eden rig.

Yamaha PB-1 preamp
    Yamaha P3200 power amp

and now an Avatar 210 to see what it all sounds like.

Later I might add the Avatar 115H and biamp.

Just had to share the joy with someone!

2. Yes. That's a nice little cab. I like mine. Enjoy.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool-Man-Choo!

Have fun!

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't leave home without mine

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Grats!

I'm planning on grabbing one of these pretty soon, now if I can only decide on which head to drive it... I'm waffling between used choices,,, either a GK 400RB, or an Ampeg B2R...

6. IMO, GK 400RB. I like mine a lot.

7. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    If you've already got the 210, why get the horn on the 15? I think the 210 makes a much better standalone cabinet than the 15.

My Carver PM1.5 is mostly dead, otherwise I have a very similar setup. PB-1, PM1.5, B210, B115H. I don't know which way I'd go if I bought it again, but I'd at least think about the 212 instead of the 115. Same F3, same cubic inches, more square inches, more power. Without being able to hear it first, I'd probably go with old faithful though.

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, I like them quite a bit, also. Everytime I go into GC, I plug into a GK 400rb 2x10 combo.
    I wish they had a B2R setup for an easy test drive... I'll definitely force the issue once I'm ready to buy.

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I agree. The horns Avatar uses aren't that great. They only sound good if you barely turn 'em on. So you'll only need one, but it doesn't matter too much 'cause you can just turn one of the horns completely off.

And I also prefer the 212 delta over the 115, but both do the job.

10. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    "If you've already got the 210, why get the horn on the 15? I think the 210 makes a much better standalone cabinet than the 15."

Simple answer:

Dave suggested if I wanted to add a cab later, I buy the single 15 with a horn in case I wanted to gig with just the single 15 cab.

I'd have the option of using the horn or turning it off anytime I wanted.

Options

Makes sense to me.

11. Exactly.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I played at an outdoor gig last week with a single 15 and it worked very well with good lows and punch.

13. If you want a cab for stand alone use the 212 Delta would work much better than the 115.The 212s would be louder and have a more balanced tone lows to highs than the 115.I'm using Kappa 12s I bought from Dave at Avatar and they work real nice alone.The Deltas go lower than the Kappas and would be a great with the 210 or by themselves.I'm just saying that the 212 would be more versitile and louder than the 115.

14. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Duly noted.

Thanks for the input and suggestion.