1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avatar B210 Delta...good for practice & gig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So latley I've been on a buying/selling/trading stint I have an Avatar 212 and 410, QSC and SAPBDDI. i also have a regular BDDI and my drummers spare Technical Pro power amp that puts out 1000 watts in mono 4 ohm. I've been thinking of getting a practice combo since I don't have anything at home to plug the bass into. I never thought of just getting a cheap used Avatar 210 till today...:confused:

So anyways. 'm sure this would be fine to practice through at home. I was mainly curios to know if it would make any difference soundwise if I was to hook it up with the big rig. Say stack the 10 cabinets next to the 212. Would the 210 add anything that I would notice?

2. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Adding it to your big rig would'nt do a whole lot but added to the 410 or 212 cabinet it might be enough for most gigs.210s work pretty well for practice too,I've used my Eden by itself for practice and even small gigs.It sure would give you options and would look cool with the big rig too.

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have a 4ohm Avatar B210 Delta cab. By itself I find it lacks low end, esp for a 5er. Put it on top of a 112, 115, or 118 and you have great range!

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I've at times used a 210 Carvin and no PA support for smaller loud rock gigs, maybe 75-100 people. If I ever blow a woofer in that cab I might put two Deltalite II 2510 in it because for a two-way it's a pretty happenin' cab for the weight and the DL II would give me a couple more dB (slightly more efficient and more power handling) down to around 55 Hz.

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Yep. Even with the Avatar version of the Deltalite 2510 in the same box it'll perform better for lows - especially noticebale if you have a Five-string. Not to mention that it shaves some weight.

...With the new Deltalite II 2510 drivers it would do better yet.