Avatar B210 Delta, Neo or Kappa Pro???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Aug 26, 2005.

1. I need a 210 to replace my Ashdown 4x10. And Ive read extensively the details of all three of these cabs and Im not sure on which to choose. They all can handle the 300 watts my amp puts out(Ashdown MAG 300). The NEO is the lightest, But ive heard its not built as well...

Well, What do you guys think will last the longest and be worth it, Later on I amy add a 1x15 or 1x18 t oadd a little more low end, But I just want your opinions on these three cabs. And Im sort of on a budget, And these prices are right up my alley.
  2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I did tons of research into my soon-to-be-arriving Avatar 2x10" & 2x12" Neos and never heard a word about Neo build quality being better or worse than the other lines. I'm pretty sure others would back me on this.

As stated above, I went all-Neo for both weight/portability as well as tone issues so that doesn't fit into your decision. Honestly, I'm not sure any single "budget" 2x10" would be able to adequately replace a 4x10", but if I had to choose I'd go with the Delta based on what I've heard here. Think about going with a 2x12" as a "standalone" cab for now, though. It fills the room nicely and would still work nice with either a 2x10" or 1x15"/18".
  3. Rumblebee

Rumblebee Guest

Mar 16, 2005
    I agree, if you're doing a standalone, think about a 2x12 instead of a 2x10...
  4. Well, I want a 2x10 because of portability, I mived my 4x10 to my drummers apartment, Using public transportation, ANd it was way harder than expected, Even with a hand truck.

Aso, I bought the cab not realizing the ohms didnt match, SO instead of getting the full 300 out of my amp, I was only pushing around 180. I mostly play at home, But ocasson go out and jam with my drummer, and go to other guitarist houses to play. For now, A 2x10 is really all I need, And when I start giging(which will hopefully be in the next year or so) Ill maybe purchase a another cab, To get more low end. Thanks for the info folks.
  5. Simply put, if weight's an issue, go Neo. If you have a 1x15 as well, get the Delta. If you want the best stand alone 2x10, the Kappa is the best (or so I say), though it also weighs a lot more than the others (something you might want to stay away from, though it will be more portable).

I like my Neo.
  6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I see one problem maybe you haven't noticed yet. You say you may add a 115 or 118 down the road. Well, you won't with a 4 ohm 210. A 4 ohm 210 with an 8/4 ohm 115 will give you 2.66/2 ohms which your Ashdown head cannot handle. Its just another factor you need to consider.
  7. Judging by your needs I would say go with the NEO.
  8. ricosuave2093

Jun 9, 2005
    I love my B410Pro but I would bet the NEO is right up there especially if your riding the bus....
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

When I was choosing between the 3 kinds of 210s from Avatar, I chose the Neo. First of all, it's alot lighter. It also handles the whole range of my 4 string basses very well. I don't have a 5 stringer to test it with.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a 210 NEO and actually, the metal for the magnet is stronger that the Delta's or Pro's...I works great, sounds terrific, but I miss that deep low end, which is why I'm getting a 212 Delta (since that's the cab that'll have caster).

Try this...next time you go to the store, stop by and lift up a 10lb sack of anything and maneuver it around. If it's no big deal, then go with the Delta...you'll get 100 more watts, save $40, and only add 11 lbs to your cab.