Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jwendt99, Mar 9, 2005.

1. jwendt99

Oct 20, 2004
    Northern CA
    Ok. I've searched the threads but still don't have a good idea of the difference in sonics between the Neo and Kappa Pro versions of the B210 cab. I'm putting together a dual rig thing. Small rig is B210 xyz + GK400RB (for now). Big rig is B210 xyz + SB112 (or a 15") + Crest CA-9 + good preamp. I'm looking for very tight/punchy/percussive bass, but also smooth and extended response.
    It looks like the Neo won't ultimately get as loud as the Kappa Pro because the Neo is less efficient and has a lower power rating (but I don't know how large a difference this is).

So, has anyone been able to listen to both the Neo and Kappa Pro versions of the B210 (or has a good sense of the sonic differences) and can share their thoughts?

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Assuming the B210 neo is loaded with the Eminence Deltalite 10 there will be little difference. Both drivers have about the same Xmax, so the wattage differential is moot; the Deltalite has a higher Qts and lower fs, so it would actually extend lower; finally, the SPL difference is only 1dB. You can't hear 1dB. Get the neo.
  3. The Xmas is 5.2 on the Deltalite Neos that Avatar uses compared to the stock Deltalites and Kappa pros 3.9 so the Neos have more excursion.I use the 410 version and it has a nice tight low end that really goes deep.I have to boost the mids a little more than my Eden 210XLT but the neos take EQ.well.I say get the Neos too.