Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wilser, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Anybody own this cab that they can comment on it?

Thanks.

2. bump! so everyone uses the expensive stuff?

3. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I wouldn't say that. It's just that the Neo hasn't been out for very long. I'm sure someone will come along in a bit to give you a report.

I have the old one, the 210 Delta..... would be a reasonable value at twice the price I paid....

4. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I use a 210 Kappa and love it. I've read good reviews about the Neo on HarmonyCentral. I'm thinking about adding a Neo to my rig.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I just ordered a Neo 4x10 on Monday, so I'm quite curious to hear how it sounds. (and I love the fact that it only weights 65 lbs.)

6. I've got one. It's an excellent cab at a price that can't be beat, really. The one downside is that the tweeter is noisy, but there was a thread on here a while back about replacing the cross-over. The speakers themselves are pretty articulate and a nice shade of blue-gray to boot.

7. I have one. Great cab - nice frequency range and it's NOT heavy. Mates great with a 1x15 for superb tone and projection.

Get it!

Of course, this is all my opinion.

Jay

8. jwendt99

jwendt99

Oct 20, 2004
    Northern CA
    Are you using a B210NEO with a 1x15?
    Did you get an Avalar 1x15"?
    Why did you choose a 1x15" instead of a 1x12"?
    I just ordered a B210NEO plus a SB112 thinking that the SB112 would fill in the low end. I'm wondering if a 1x15" would be better suited to this (but, then again, the 1x15" is a much larger cabinet than the SB112).

Jim

9. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Jim,

I just added a SB112 under a SWR Super Redhead 210T this week. My initial testing is that I added the extra bottom I was hoping for, and kept away from that thunderous 15" thud that's lost in a club sized room.

I give it a real life workout this weekend, and can post back later on.

My forward looking intent is to sell the SWR later this year, and replace it with a Avatar 210 Pro and a Eden WT-550 head. I'd like to have the portability of running the Eden with either cab, or both combined - all depending on the gig.

Granted, I'm not enamored with the sound of a 15" and would rather let the PA fill out the sub vs a 15" or 18" cab needlessly sucking power from my bass rig. Just my personal taste and YMMV.

R

p.s. To be clear with TB rules: my amp is not for sale/trade at this time.

10. Actually I ordered mine begining this week, it should get here on monday. Their 2 week satisfaction guarantee made my mind ;)

11. Hey jwendt99,
    That 112 will be fine,I used one or two with my Eden 210 XLT and it really added a good bottom that wasn't muddy.Also they get pretty loud so don't worry,just be patient,that rig will sound great.You won't need a fifteen.

12. jwendt99

jwendt99

Oct 20, 2004
    Northern CA
    Thanks! Awesome! I've got a used Crest CA-9 showing up Saturday. A used SKB 4U rack should show on Monday. And the B210NEO and SB112 show up on Tues/Wed.
    Preamp, you ask? I really don't know and am starting to have decision stress over it. I've gotten a cheapie used Yamaha PB-1 and a cheapie used Ashly BP-1 to try out and I have an ART TubePAC sitting around here somewhere. I'll probably try to make do with one of these until I can make some sort of decision between the 5-10 highly regarded preamps that each seem to have their dedicated following (or until I figure out someway/someplace to actually try some of the preamps).

13. Jim,

YMMV, but I love the combination - in your face with a bottom that doesn't quit. I run the B210 NEO in parallel with a Peavey Combo 300 (Black Widow 1x15). 300 watts, 2 ohms, and one he** of a punch.

The NEO rounds out the 1x15 giving it better mids and bite, while the larger speaker tends to keep the "bass" as the foundation of the sound. Not to mention the fact that the 1x15 has great freq response down to 20 hz...low B is absolutely no problem.

Jay

14. Well, FedEx arrived early! my B210 NEO was scheduled to arrive on monday, but it just got here a while ago.

I must say I am impressed. It handles the low B much better than I thought it would, very good match for my 400RBIII. LOUD too! quality sound, recommended!

15. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I should be ordering one shortly, along with a 115 Neo and a GK 1001RB II head.

My guitar player's 2x12 Marshall combo is going to feel so...small :)