Avatar B210 NEO vs Delta vs Pro???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dgce, Feb 18, 2005.

1. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm looking to buy cost effective, solid, meat’n potatoes 2x10 cab. From my research, I'd say that Avatar is the way to go. But for better or worse, Avatar gives us 3 choices, their standard Delta 2x10, the lighter weight Neo 2x10, and their higher end Pro 2x10.

The Delta is cheap and fits the bill nicely for my purposes but for another $50-60, why not go high end and get the Pro, right? Is there a big difference tonally?

I also find myself leaning towards the Neo model. I like the idea of sparing my poor back yet another heavy cab to lug around; however I prefer not to sacrifice too much tone for a few pounds.

So, has anyone actually demo-ed (and lifted!) these various Avatar 2x10 cabs?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I don't have Avatars, but I have 4x10's with magnets the same weight as the Delta's, and another with Kappa Pros in it. I can definitely hear the difference in sound, and FEEL A LARGE DIFFERENCE in weight. Its a tough call.

If you're very picky about the tone, I'd suggest you go Kappa. If you are going to be lugging the thing around weekly, I'd suggest the neos. If I could wave a magic wand and make my cabs with quality neos without any $$$ outlay, I'd do it in a second.
  3. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I've got a 210 Delta - nice cab. I thought as you, but finally said screw it. The Delta had gotten good enough reviews and I know quite a few people that have them and are pleased with them. That's enough for me to base a decision on.

I also have the B212 and an SB115 - ALL great cabs.

I'm sure the Neo & Pro are worth the extra cash, tho. :)
  4. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    True, the Deltas have been reviewed by Bass Player and scored high. And it is only 10lbs or so heavier than the Neo...reckon it wouldn't kill me.

But while we're at it, I plan on replacing my current KMD 4x10 cab (light but crap!) with an Avatar down the road. I figured a 15" would work nicely with the 2x10. But I wonder, have you tried yr 2x10 with that B2x12? Have you compared it with marrying the 2x10 with the 1x15? How do you think the 2x12 sounds as a stand alone unit? Right now, it appears Avatar only sells the 1x15 Neo model which is actually lighter than the 2x12 and the 4x10 which is good for my back but how about the tonal muscle? From yr experiences with Avatar, which cab would work best with the 2x10 AND as a stand alone unit?

5. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I decided to go with the 210 delta and the sb112. Light and easy to move mini stack. I had the 210 for about a year and purchased the 112 in December. The 12 brings the bottom and is yet punchy enough for slap. If the 212 is anything like the 112 then you will have an excellent all around cab. I have a gig next Saturday at a coffee house where I am just going to use the 12. Pretty much covers all your bases with its sound.