Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 13, 2005.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Soon, I will have a small job which lasts less than a week which will rack up about $300CAN. I already have 77 Euros and $125CAN which I have been saving. I already have an Avatar B212, but I wan't a 210 to top it off. I will be louder, I will have more highend and mids. But another good thing I will get from it is that It will be alot easier to bring my amp to other peoples houses when I have a 210. I could just bring the 210.

Now the question is...Is it worth the extra $$$ to get the 210NEO, or should I just buy the regualr B210 Delta? And what does each cab have that the other doesn't have? I know the Neo weighs 11lbs less. Even if both cabs were the same price, which one is better to buy?

2. The Neos are lighter and are capable of deeper lows than the Deltas, but are less efficient and rated to handle less power.

3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    IIRC, the neos have a mid-range bump but the deltas will go lower, the deltas will also take more wattage

IMO, if i we getting a 410, I'd get the neo, because you could handle the 410 by yourself if it was neo,

IMO, due to the size, the 210 caould be easliy managed if it was the regular or neo, the 210 delta handles lows better, more wattage and cheaper, but if the 212 that you own now lacks mids, then i would think about the neo

correct me if i'm wrong though

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The XMAX of the Delta's is pitifully small, it won't get anywhere near its rated power handling without farting out first. I'd go with the Deltalite Neo's, much better specs. It will handle more power before farting out than the regular Delta's will.

5. In a properly tuned SBB4 alignment (which the Avatar is not), the Deltalite 2510 exceeds Xmax at only 53 watts input power, and the Delta 10a exceeds Xmax at 43 watts. Above these wattages, both drivers are beyond Xmax, and into distortion that increases with input power.

A pair of Deltalite 2510 requires 2.8 net internal volume and a tuning of 41 Hz for SBB4. IMO, the Delta 10 is just plain wrong for a bass driver, no matter what the tuning. YMMV.

The 2510 are brighter than the Delta 10. From the above two choices, I would buy the Deltalite 2510 Neo.

6. The Avatar Neo is a custom driver with an extended (5.2 mm) Xmax.

7. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I would say go with the Neo.

8. Jazzin'

Cool, what about the highs?

9. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    I may be the odd man out, but I much prefer the tone of the delta to the neo. I also have a B212, and checked out the delta, but decided to get the lighter cab without playing it first. It (the Neo) has a huge mid bump, and very undefined lows. For a five string it is usless by itself. The delta was much clearer and more defined, and matched up with the B212 much better. Of course, everyone will hear them differently.

10. +10

I do not have issues with low definition using the NEO drivers.

Jay

11. I asked Dave at Avatar Speakers for the T/S data, and all he has is the modified Xmax value for this custom driver.

12. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    +1 on that good buddy. I have had a Delta B210 for a couple years and love it. I ordered a NEO about a year later and it sounded baggy and undefined next to the Delta. I sent it back.

13. Jazzin'

Too late, I have already ordered my neo.