1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blues Bass 2, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Please delete

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    22 5/8 x 13

3. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    I'd check to make sure the hieght of the port is the same as well, and not jsut the depth and width (as posted above).

Also, are the cab volumes the same> I suspect so, but it'd make sense to check since you are going about things anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

4. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    wouldn't it be better to just sell the delta version and buy a new neo?

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Since Avatar uses the same 2 form factors for all their cabs there shouldn't be any dimensional differences, and I doubt even the port depths have been tweaked for different driver compliments. Anyway, the DeltaliteII functions approximately the same as the Delta does as regards internal volume/port tuning alignments.

But if you want to optimize you do need to take in consideration that little divider in the slot. If it runs the full length of the port shelf it slightly affects port volume and tuning.

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Some people prefer the sound of the old Deltas rather than the Neos.

7. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Remember, bGavin's test chart on the Avatar Neo cabs, and that they were pretty flat till the big hole at 2500hz. A quick cap change to bring your crossover point to 2000, which that driver will do, will be in order. Let us know how that sounds. I may just do mine up that way too, but I'd use the D250-X driver, cause it goes lower. I think since I have 4 ohm cabs, I'll just use the Eminence high pass, at 1600 for my 410 Neo cabs. 150 buck swap for my pair, not cheap. I'll wait for your report first.