1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Avatar B212 Delta FS...NY/NJ/CT ONLY

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by adouglas, Aug 1, 2005.

1. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling my much-beloved, mint-condition Avatar B212 Delta. This is a wonderful cabinet, and I love the tone I get out of it.

So...why am I selling it?

Shortly after buying it, my band replaced most of our gear with a pair of Bose PAS systems, which are really great. To keep enough thump, I decided to keep my rig and run a line out of it into one of the PASes, which adds fantastic clarity and articulation to the sound. This also means that the mids and highs produced by the Avatar are redundant. I decided to go with a smaller, lighter cab that's still able to pump some air.

I wound up buying a Flite 1x15 (27 lbs!). On its own it can't hold a candle to the Avatar (naturally...small box, no horn), but with the PAS it sounds great.

A bit more on the story here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193756

The Avatar is a 4 ohm cabinet with casters. Has phone jack inputs and a tweeter level control (which I keep turned down about 3/4 of the way). Made of sturdy 3/4 inch voidless 13 ply Baltic Birch plywood with rabbet and dado interlocking side joints for extreme strength. Mint. Bought about a year ago.

Go to http://www.avatarspeakers.com for details. Do a search on Avatar here and you'll see how good these cabs are for the money

Current cost new without casters is $279 + $42 shipping = $321.

Cabinet is in SW Connecticut. I DO NOT WANT TO SHIP THIS CABINET, but I will drive a reasonable distance to meet the buyer (say, up to 2 hours or so). This means NY Metro area, northern NJ, and CT.

Price is $199. I can make the trip any evening or any weekend day.

To check my bona fides, go to ebay and look me up: adouglas2001. 100% positive feedback from both buyers and sellers.

Attached Files:

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    I'll pm tonight... am very interested & have a contact in Union, NJ for delivery

3. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    email reply sent