Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jun 9, 2005.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I just repainted the grill on my Avatar B212 silver to match my Ashdown Mag300H.
    Even though one reason I did this was to be original, I recommend it to all Avatar/Ashdowners. It looks so much cooler.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice touch. I prefer black grills on my cabinets, but I do admit it looks good.

-Mike

3. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Deja vu...

Didn't somebody else do this in another thread?

I do like the look though. Nice job.

4. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    Does it sound better?, I've heard, IIRC, green camo helps with bass much more than silver, but it doesn't compare to the silver in looks alone...

nice job though

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It only took about 30 minutes of my time (20 minutes to let it dry). And it costs nothing because I already had silver spray paint in my garage. So I thought 'why not?'.

6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I like it. Nice job! :cool:

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I like both of those. Try "Hammerite" silver. Nice hammered looking finish...

9. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    looks good. anything that looks more similar to a Bergantino is just plain right.

10. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Hey refinedbass, me, Quad, and DW Bass have the same setup and we all agree that it is portable and powerful. I got the idea from DW and the 112 adds punchy clear bottom. Very tight but still can handle the low B with ease.

Here is a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

I am seriously considering getting the Groovebass 1200 and I would probably paint my grills of my Avatars to match the silver face of the Groovebass.

12. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I use my SB112 for that very thing. I have a gig at a coffeehouse where the 112 comes in very handy. Easy to carry and very full sounding with the tweeter on 11 o'clock.

13. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I have a 210Neo and a 112 from Avatar, and they sound good together. It's not quite up to the level where the combined sound is greater than the sum of each part, but the 12 compliments the bass of the 10s nicely and the 10s give clarity that the 12s lack. The 12 is really a joy to carry, and using neodymium drivers with 210,410,610, etc. arrays is a real back saver as well.

Edit/ I normally run them off of a Groovebass 1200 amp too, so it looks like several people in this thread have similar rigs.

14. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yeah, what these guys said! ;) Seriously, I had an Avatar 4x10 and 1x15 rig a while back. I still am getting 80% of the volume that I was before and it's a HELL of a lot easier on my back! BTW, I now have the Groove Bass head too (my old SWR is in the picture along with two basses I no longer own either). My Groove Bass head and Avatar rig ROCKS! I really didn't like the tone that I was getting out of the SWR. It was too vanilla. I still have another SWR head. I'll be putting that up for sale or trade soon... Man I love my Kustom!

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yep, that was me. I should get some pics of it.

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The Avatar/Ashdown paint job does look awesome though. It almost reminds me of the old Fender Bassman look.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    All you need now is a blue light.

18. last summer me and my friend spray painted the grilles and corners of PA system hot pink. there was gold paint underneath so it makes a sweet glow.

19. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    i find that if i repaint something a different colour it eventually chips off and looks crappy unless you clearcoat.