Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumblee, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    I am buying one of these two cabs. I play four and five strings. Rock and roll, and a little funk now and then. I have a firebass to help motivate the magnets. So.....LF or Neo? Pros? Cons? I have heard that the neos have a more pronounced midrange. Help me out! Yeah I searched too, but didnt find quite what I wanted.
    Thanks,
    Drew

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The Neo's are a better speaker if for nothing else that the Xmax is way longer than the Delta's. Dave orders a custom made Neo from Eminence that have a longer Xmax than the standard Neo (the standard one is already far better than a Delta). Helps prevent farting ;) !

3. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I've used my 212 Delta with an Ampeg B4r bridged at 1000w rms. Played it LOUD. No farting from my 5's. :eyebrow:

4. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    I have a B212 Neo and have never even come close to fart syndrome. Keep in mind, however, that I play only 4-string, and I'm only pushing 300 watts through it (Ashdown MAG300). The Neo cab is rated at 600w.

I love it, but then again, it's the first amp I've owned in 15 years, so I have nothing to which I can compare it.

5. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I don't get it. If the Neo is rated @600w and the Delta @ 1000, who's gonna fart or burn @700 watts?

6. Avatar doesn't use the regular Delta 12, they use the Delta 12LF, which has an extended Xmax. Its Xmax is greater than the standard Deltalite neo, and just a bit smaller than Avatar's custom neo.

7. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I also read somewhere that the delta speakers are made overseas in asia or something where the neos are made either in the US or Britain. I dont remember. Not that that really matters, its just some people are particularly picky about this sort of thing...

8. Per Dave at Avatar -

The Delta LF has a deeper lower tone and the Neo's are a bit brighter in the upper mids.

I just bought the B212 Delta due to this.

If your worried about pushing that much wattage through one cab, get a second and don't even worry about it... say 2x10's on top and you'll be set!

I wen't w/ the B212 Delta!

9. The Deltas are manufactured in Eminence, KY, USA.

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    oh, right... it was the celestions that i read that about. Sorry... yeah, eminence = US

11. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    Thanks for the info guys! I leaning towards the LF. On another note, I emailed Dave about the possibility of tolex. Hopefully they will do it.
    Drew