Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freddy bloggs, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Dear TalkBassers,
    I'm interested in the B212 NEO, the reviews & price are great. I need to make an educated decision bassed on my amp situation.
    I have an "AMP" amplifier that is 400 watts @ 4ohms & 220 @ 8 ohms. I currently have an 8 ohm GKSBX 4x10 cabinet & because it's only getting 220 watts it's just not quite loud enough for the gigs my rock band is doing.
    I only want to run one cab with this amp. Do you think that the B212 neo 4 ohm cabinet would be louder or about the same, lower, more or less bottom end, totally different or what?
    I like the idea of having a lighter cab to lug around & am hoping that one B212 NEO @ 4 ohms will suffice & give me both the volume & low end that i need & am not getting.
    Or should i just get a 410 cab @ 4 ohms??
    cheers,
    freddy

2. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'd go with the Avatar 410 Neo...if you read the reviews it gets, it has more low end than the 212's, and it packs more power and volume.

3. Hi Kronos!
    I asked Dave from Avatar which he recommends & he said the 2x12 is louder. I sent him an email asking him in what way, more bottom end or just more overall volume, haven't heard back yet, will post his responce.
    cheers