Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar B212 Neo vs. Eden D212XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groundloop, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Just wondering if anyone here has played these 2 cabs.

One of my local music stores has the Eden used for $650 (CDN). After tax it ends up being $747.50.

I could get the Avatar shipped from the Canadian distributor for $545.70 tax and shipping included.

I know the Avatar cabs have a lot of support on TB, but what I really want to know is, am I going to hear the extra $200 that the Eden will cost?

Thanks.

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    You might want to give Don at LDS in Detroit a call, it's about a 4 hour run. He built me a 210 neo, for 549$ it weighs 41 lbs. And moves as much air as my 410 Eden (which is an excellent cab, just heavy). He can build to suit (custom) and the same drivers that Epifani uses are available. An Epifani 210 neo is about a grand US! Talk to Tombowlus, our very own cabinet guru about his products, great stuff!

www.lowdownsound.com

3. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Ummmm....

How about the Avatar B212 (non Neo) vs. the Eden D212XLT.

I just realized that the Neo hasn't been shipping for long so the chances that anyones gotten there hands on one is pretty slim.

Mea Culpa.

4. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    My Avatar B212 Neo is supposed to ship out next week sometime. I don't think anybody has one yet. Dave was expecting his first shipment to leave Eminence this past Tuesday.

5. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Thanks Time Divider.

Could you let me/us know how the Neo sounds when you get it? I'm feeling the need to change my rig (think I've got the head sorted out), and I need all the info I can get about good, inexpensive cabs.

Also, I saw on another thread that Dave is installing a new crossover in the cabs that's supposed to make the tweeter more usable.

Thanks again.

6. Old thread revival time!!!

I got a chance to try out a D212XLT at a local music store tonite. Sounded pretty good, nice lows, and loud. I have never heard an Avatar B212, neo or otherwise.

Anyone had a chance to A/B these cabs yet?

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

If you can afford the Eden, get it. But there's nothing wrong with Avatar.