1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by musicman7722, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Hope that label is right :)

Anyway just pulled the trigger on a new 2x12 neo cabinet from Avatar to replace my 210 Neo (ps they now offer free shipping). We lost our FOH and the gtards in my band are going crazy loud at times so I want my cab to be able to project out more. It was suggested that I buy a second sub for the fronts but that is to much money as i own the PA. I currently use one QSC K12 sub with K12 tops. So I will report back with my findings.

Oh I use a Markbass F100 head and a Stienberger XQ5 bass with active PUPS.

2. I would love to know how the 2x12 Neo will hold up against two loud guitar players as I am interested in getting this cab myself.

3. Well happy Easter to me. I came home today (Saturday) and there was my new 212. Man they took the order Monday and I have on Saturday. And as a repeat customer I got a TShirt and did I mention they are doing free shipping. To speed things up I bought the plain vanilla version. Fuzzy outside with standard grill. I did opt for the cover. I must admit it seems quite thin compared to the thrid party cover I bought for my 210.

Well fired it and wow. With my amp and setup on 210 positions it was amazing. My next gig is 2 weeks so we will see how it goes.

The only drawback so far is I can no longer carry my amp in one hand and my cab in the other :(

4. aprod

aprod

Mar 11, 2008
    I have one and it is loud. They told me to turn down last night. I was rattling the bottles off the shelves. They lost one but did not ding us for it. Pushing it with a Genz Benz 12.2 (600 watts).

5. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Old SS Peavey Lead Sleds and Peavey tube amps
    I wish I'd bought a NEO 212 before Dave stopped the Free Shipping deal. My amp runs at 2 ohms and I'd always planned to add a NEO 212 or a NEO 210 to the stack.

The 4 ohm Delta LF B212 I bought last month is stoopid loud with 475 watts thru it. On practice a couple of weeks ago with the studio garage door open (we're way out in the country), I turned the Max 700 up to 12:00/3:00 with the all the tone controls at noon except BASS at 9:00 and contour off, and the cab was 'headache loud' but it stayed clear and punchy all the way up. Never got harsh and never farted. I'd imagine the NEO would be just as sweet, maybe a little more high end and I'd have to roll the treble and/or tweeter back some. Pretty impressed with Dave's bass cabs so far.

6. Nice to hear.

7. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    i always loved his cabs.
    my first one years ago was the old delta 1000w 2x12
    excellent cab!
    also had 4x10 but that old 2x12 was the chit.

8. Jylen

Jylen

Mar 9, 2013
    Westchester IL
    I was thinking that two 2x12 Neos might work for me. I have a 410 @ 4ohm plugged into my EBS T90. I thought that I might want to 2- 2x12 cabs that run @ 8 ohms each since my head isn't rated to run down to 2 ohms. I may sit a bit until I can get the money together and pop for tolex and cloth grills. I'm old now and gig pretty infrequently. Third party covers better than Avatar's?

9. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    I gig with 2 of these, 8 ohms each. Loud-ish bluesy R&R band.

10. Well i have my first gig with my new cab tonight. At 4ohms it really seems a whole lot louder :)

I will bet no one notices I have a different cab :)