1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LukeSlywalker, Mar 4, 2015.

1. peteybass

peteybass Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    Thought I would post on this thread as I just received an Avatar B2126. Got this directly from Dave with the stock 2.5 crossover and Faital twelves in 4 ohms. I liked the sound of the Faital drivers from some Genz cabs I owned. Maybe not enough bass for some 5 stringers in a single 12 config but plenty for me in the 2-12 version.
    I really wanted the discontinued Baer ML 212 but with these drivers and $579 shipped with the cover hard to beat. I play mainly Rock/Pop and have tried my Undertow and Trace V-4 with the cab. So far just practicing at home but really like what I have heard. I had an older Avatar 2-12 with tweeter from about 10 years ago and didn't like it at all, minimal bass and overwhelming upper mids. It was used so who knows ? Not sure what speakers were in that cab but I was disappointed and a little apprehensive ordering from Avatar. Cab has great balanced tone and excellent bottom end. Usually have a tweeter but the 6" mid seems great at home. Will update this thread as I use it for a rehearsal and a gig. Not bad weight either about 54 lbs. No casters or feet. The green color looks nice in person not cheap like I thought it might.

Hasn't broken in yet but sounds really nice and seems pretty efficient.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. metelmunkey

metelmunkey

Oct 27, 2011

I just got my tax return and have been eyeing this particular cab for a while now. How long did it take to get your cabinet after ordering? I'm thinking about getting it with the deltalites and 8 ohm so I can run two cabs if needed.

3. peteybass

peteybass Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    This one happened to be built and the buyer flaked. I received it in a few days. The custom one I was going to order would have taken about 5 days.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  4. metelmunkey

metelmunkey

Oct 27, 2011
    I ordered one on Friday, luckily the box was already built, so they are shipping today. I should have it by Thursday. Thanks!

5. jebersole

jebersole

May 20, 2005
    Well, I thought I'd jump back in here and give an update. I'm still gigging. The in-ear monitors are working out really well, so well that I've scaled back even further; using a small 2x10 cabinet with my GK MB500. The Avatar 2126 (4ohm, Deltalite NEOs, 2.5KHz crossover) I bought last year isn't getting enough playing time to justify keeping it, so it will be hitting the classified as soon as I update my talkbass membership and take some pictures. If anyone is looking to buy one of these, keep an eye out!

PawleeP likes this.
  6. jebersole

jebersole

May 20, 2005
  7. Zak TMD

Zak TMD

Apr 22, 2016
    Outside of the heart of darkness, Washington, DC
    Breaking even is the new making money.
    Zombie time:

I've been thinking about getting one of the B2126's for awhile as a second / alt cab for awhile. My primary right now is a Ampeg SVT-610HLF, and I love it, but yea - 110lbs and space requirements can be a bitch at times, particularly when playing places with stairs (full disclosure, everyone in my band carries everything, so that's nice). 56-60lbs sounds SUPER NICE for some shows, if the tonal quality is there.

Has anyone been playing one of these for awhile and have any sound samples or a decent description of the tone, in reference to other cabs, maybe? I play out of an Orange TB1000, and would likely get the deltalites or 3012LFs. I do play with varying amounts of dirt in my tone (from warm to fuzzed out) and because of this, I am interested in the mid response.

I wish I could go demo one before making up my mind, but yea... that's not likely to happen.

8. FREDDYKBASS

FREDDYKBASS

Feb 4, 2019
    LukeSkywalker is right.

I've been researching cabs for a while and for the price that you're looking for they are great. I myself settled for the Genzler 2x12" but they are pricey $1,199.99
    The option to go with the Deltalite is the right choice for you as it would make the cab to be about 56 lbs (approx) in weight.

Here's the link

B212/B2126 – Avatar Speakers

F.