Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeorgiaHonk, Jul 12, 2004.

1. What is the max SPL for this cabinet? After going through a thousand options, I'm reconsidering purchasing this cab again. I'll mostly be depending on the PA for support in the house, so the predominant function of my cab (hopefully) will be to provide my own stage volume. Will this cab punch through and be heard over two loud guitarists? I'll be pairing it with a Peavey 450 Max, figuring a 4-ohm cab at 300 watts.

Also, in the event that I'm ever in a situation where PA support would not be available, would this Peavey/Avatar setup carry a medium-sized room? I know it won't win any awards for boutique cred, but would it be functional and efficient?

2. I have run my Avatar B212 by itself with 450 watts of QSC USA900 power and it easily cuts through 1 loud guitar, keyboards, and drums in a small room.

I haven't tried it by itslef in a medium or large room yet but it kicked a@# paired up with an Avatar b115 at 900watts outdoors.

That's all the info I have for now.

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    It's a very loud cabinet...ime

4. I currently am using a Avatar B212 paird with a B210. I have not run into a situation where the B212 alone could not cut it, it is a very loud cab. it puts out as much sound as the B410. I like to have the B210 in there to boost my upper mids and high end, that allows me to cut through a little better, but generally speaking I think you would be in good shape with the B212.

the only thing I will say about avatar stuff is that it is not very efficient so the more power you can give the things the better they will sound. with 300 watts you will have good volume but if you could put about 600 watts into it your tone would be much better.

5. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    I usually run my b212 with a PV 2x10 and give them each 450 watts. That's ok for keeping up with a medium loud guitarist and drummer without any PA support. Once I tried the B212 with only my GK 400RB at 200 watts and it wasn't nearly loud enough. For a loud band with no PA for bass I'd get 2 and give e'm each at least 30 watts each.