Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by estrauman, Mar 14, 2006.

1. estrauman

Dec 23, 2004
    After reading the threads here pitting the Avatar B212 against the B410 I've been seriously thinking about ordering the B212 with the delta speakers. Then after talking to my buddy last night, I learned that he's selling his Ampeg BSE-410HLF cabinet for around $450. I'm playing mainly roots rock with some power pop thrown in for good measure. The heads I'm using (not at the same time) are an Ampeg SVT III pro and an old Fender Bassman 135. Basically I'm looking for fairly warm tone with punchy midrange. I play mainly with my fingers but occasionally use a pick on the more straight ahead rock stuff. I don't need crushing low end, just your opinions. Thanks much.
  2. estrauman

Dec 23, 2004
    Anyone...? Comparing these cabs may be like apples and oranges, but I'd like to get as many opinions as possible before I take the plunge. I've done a search on both and have found more posts on the Avatar. What's the consensus on the build quality of the recent Ampeg stuff? Any concerns about the 400 watt RMS of the 410HLF being overpowered by the SVT III Pro? $450 for the HLF seems fair but would like some more input. Thanks again.
  3. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    How old is the Ampeg 410 HLF cab your friend is selling?? If its in good condition, take it! That is a fantastic cabinet and would pair up beautifully with either your Ampeg head or the Bassman.
  4. +1 on the HLF. I've never played an Avatar so I wouldn't be able to comment on that, but I have an SVT-III and I've played it through the HLF and those things just thump. They're excellent cabs and you get a monstrous yet well defined sound for the money.
  5. Both cabs would be fine, but i think the Ampeg would have better resale value.