Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rporcupine, Mar 20, 2006.

1. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    ok well, my budget isnt high, but i need one of these cabs, what is the difference between them all?!

is it worth saving longer for a kappa or a neo? or should i just settle for the delta?

i will be playing an EBS HD350 through it. and want alot of punchy funk rock.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I highly recommend the Neo. I wouldn't recommend the Kappa at all, as some say it is lacking, and the delta is OK. But if you buy they B410 Neo, you won't be dissappointed. Even if there is just one selling point among the three cabs, it would be weight. Ever try lifting a normal 410 by yourself? They usually weigh between 85lbs-100lbs. The B410Neo weighs in at a very reasonable 65lbs. This alone makes this thing a gig machince.

3. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    bugger.. that means i have to save up another 100 quid, bah

so disregarding weight, whats the different?

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

The review listed on the B410Neo page has a very good description of how the cab sounds: http://www.avatarspeakers.com/Bass Guitar Magazine.htm

The eminence speakers that avatar uses in the Neo has a custom extended Xmax, that gives much better lows than your normal 410 cab.