Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SLAPBASSPLAYA5, May 3, 2004.

1. hey all. i was looking at the avatar b410 cab. it says 350 watts RMS & i figure that plenty of power for what im doing with bass right now. but i was wondering how does it sound? i was thinking "all that power for that cheap???" so i have my doubts. anyone who has one or has played through one, please give me your opinions on it. ;)
  2. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    350 watts per speaker....1400 watts for the cabinet. and yes it can handle it....Eminence Speakers, well built. But I think you could learn a ton about them by running a search in this section on "Avatar". you'll get all the info you could ever want or need.
    good luck! :)
  3. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA

I've owned an Avatar B410 since early this year and would have to say that they pretty awesome, especially considering the price. I've played an Ampeg, GK, SWR, Hartke, and a couple of others I cannot remember and I would have to say that personally speaking, the Avatar easily meets or beats all of them, except for the Ampeg 4x10s that seemed to put out a bit more on the low end, but that's just my opinion.

Extremely well constructed, great caster wheels for $9, rugged, great connectivity, great power handling, efficient enough for me, and most important of all, I think they sound great. Of course, like everyone says, the customer service is awesome. The only asterisk is that they are a bit heavy, but ehh, not a major factor for me as I would rather have great sound then save 10lbs here or there.

Yes, of course it doesn't have the depth or tone of an Eden or Mesa Boogie or maybe not even an Ampeg, but it also doesn't have those prices and if you aren't very specific in what kind of sound you want, I'd have to easily say they are a wonderful find in the sea of 4x10s you can pick from.

And if you want that extra OOMPH, they make a great matching 1x15! hehe, mine is soon to come, when I get over my acceptance of maybe having hernia with this fuller stack.

Just to let you know, I am playing through an Ibanez SRX400 bass and an Ampeg B5R. At 350W w/ the B410 @ 4ohms, it can seriously get LOUD. Handles the B5R overdrive really well. I play rock/heavier alt-rock...

Any questions on the B410, let me know...I've researched, observed, and tested the CRAP out of them! Good luck!