Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bizzaro, Apr 26, 2001.

1. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Anyone own one of these? How do you like it? I am considering a purchase but would like some opinons.
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Dont know about the cabs but I bought some of the monitor wedges for practicing (vocals) and they are great. We have even used them onstage a couple of times as side wash. Pretty good bang for the buck IMHO.

3. Jeralya

Sep 7, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    great guys to deal with, great, bottom crushing cabs. i talked to dave about how he sells them so cheap and he said its because they sell A LOT. my one complaint is the crappy tweeter, but you can attenuate the hiss out.

overall, nothing touches it in its price range
  4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I have three ... IMO Dave is probably one of the hardest working, straight shooting guys in the bussiness ... I look forward to it every time I have dealings with him ... he IS that good!! ... one of the best bang for the buck cabs available, and one of, if not the best customer service ... my last cab I got in two days for 29 bucks shipping ...

Edit to ask: what cab are you considering, and what would you be using it with??
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You can purchase Avatar cabs from Avatar with no fear. You will receive a quality product with excellent customer service.

If you are still concerned, call Avatar. Chances are, you will be able to speak with Dave. Dave is the main man at Avatar. Let him know what you want to sound like, and he can help you buy what you need.

6. good stuff.

i just received a 410 and i really like it. it arrived with one of the corner covers broken, so they're shipping me a new one. i talked to dave himself too, cool guy.

check them out man, you won't be dissapointed.
  7. arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    My band hosts an open mic night at a local pub every week. Every week I have several different bassists play through my rig which has a 210 Delta cab and a 112 NEO. I get compliments on them every week.
  8. I hope bizzaro hasn't been waiting 5 years and 8 months to make up his mind about Avatar :D

BTW I own the B115 and had the B212 and think they're an awesome deal.
  9. Right,old thread but same answer.Very good cabinets.
  10. arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    Sometimes gear buying decisions are like a fine wine.....you just can't rush them. And hey, you couldn't get Neo's five years ago that I know of, so maybe bizarro caught a break. Most importantly, given how perceptive I was of the date of the original post, it's good I didn't choose a career in like air traffic control or something.

Happy Holidays everybody!!!
  11. DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    I have a B210 Neo that is OK. I do not love it but it was good for the price. It is not as clear as my Aguilar GS112. It sounds good combined with this cab but does not do it for me solo. I reworked the crossover and it improved some what. I do not like their crossover because the actually filter the signal going to the main speaker with a low pass filter. When I turn down the tweeter, I want full range thru the speaker. But that is easy to change if it bothers you.

12. I still love my 212neo and hated my 210 kappa pro's, which shouldnt have been made as far as a bass cabinet. But it is true, he is a great guy to deal with and for the money you really cant beat his cabs!
  13. Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    Got me a 4 ohm B410 Neo in black tolex a few months back, and I'm very pleased with my purchase. I have no doubt that I'll have this cab for a really long time to come. :bassist: