Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kazu, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Kazu

Jun 2, 2002
    Wilmington, NC
    I was looking at ebay and there's some people selling an Avatar 4x10 with 4 Eminence Delta 10s. Since each driver is rated at 300 W RMS, Avatar claims the cabinet is 1200 W RMS.

Anyone heard of or played an Avatar 410?

Also, what do y'all think of the Eminence speakers?

I'm needing to purchase a lo/mid price 410. I will be playing a Music Man StingRay fretless 4 string through an Ampeg SVT3-PRO head. I'll also add a no-brand 115 (8ohm 300 W RMS) when I need to get bigger. Not sure what style, but nothing extreme like Death Metal or Chamber Jazz (like MJQ, only electric) or super Funk soloing. Basic pulse, probably modern & classic rock, maybe reggae, the basics.

BTW, I had a chance to hear Percy Heath play live at a small venue; he was playing Jazz Cello with Herman Burney on bass. That cat Percy is amazing. A genuine Jazz Master Bassist. He was stuck soloin most of the time (tough to play rhythm with a cello), but he kept trying to get the other musicians (who were much younger) to take solos as well. He kept trying to give the drummer some, but the drummer wouldn't take a solo. After the song, Percy asked the drummer, "You didn't want none of that gravy?" The drummer replied, "I didn't want to mess it up!" Percy answered, "Yeah, that's how I felt playing with Bird."
  2. Ask Quadzilla, he's got an Avatar 4x10 and loves the hell outta the thing....He says it's thumpy and tight.
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just do a search in this forum on Avatar and you will see the data. I even did a review of the 4x10 and 1x15 that will come up in your search.
  4. Mines coming on friday. I'll get back to you.