Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jan 24, 2004.

1. howdy, i was looking through one of my bass player magazines and i saw an ad for avatar cabinets...i checked out the web site and saw that they use eminence speakers and they seem pretty cheap...do any of you have one of these cabinets..im quite interested in the 2x12 but i saw that they dont ship out of the us:bawl:

cheers heath

2. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Do let you know how great of cabs they are for the price. I left mine at a local pub for jam night for over a year they were driving it with a V-4 (Somekind of antiquey Ampeg head) with bad tubes sending a less than desireable signal to the speakers. I got it back last week hooked it up to my Eden and it sounds great yet. For the price it's a great deal. I prefer my 4-10 XST. But you are talking like 4 times the money. Good luck to ya Mate.

3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Yep, they wont ship outside the US.

4. repair01

repair01

Jul 18, 2003
    texarkana tx
    no they don't ship outside the us.i just bought a 2x10 and a 1x15 and they sound amazing!

5. damn this is making me jelous...saying they're great and they wont ship here:bawl:

i was thinking of trying to get one of these some how or one of these acme 3way cabinets.....but the acme's only use 10" and i want a 2x12"

damn this country...thats it im moving to the us..:p

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Do a search. There are like a million threads on Avatar speakers.

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    The website gives enough info you your to make one. You'll need 2 Delta 12LF speakers, wood to build a cab that's 27x25x16.5 (inches). Tune it to 50Hz and you're done!

8. ummm...im a bit dumb on the whole cabinet thing all i know is what i like....what the hell do you mean by tuning....please dont hurt me ...lol

cheers heath

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It just means adjusting the cab's porting to bring out the best in the speaker. If it's circular, we're talking about the diameter and length. If it's a shelf type port as per the Avatar range, the height, width and length of the port.

You don't need to understand the science of it all if you're just reverse engineering a cab that has already had all the design work done for you.

If you wanna get brave we can look at tweaking the design a bit, maybe use better speakers etc, but that's going to affect the overall cost.