Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMan257, Mar 9, 2006.

1. avatar 4x10 neo

26 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. avatar 2x10 and 1x15 neo

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Something else

22 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. This may have allready been done, but i would really like to know what you guys think...

2. I voted for the 4x10 only because I have decided that I dont like 15's any more.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I voted for the 2x10 + 1x15 because I like the way that 10s and 15s compliment one another. Besides, for practice or a small gig you can always take just one smaller cabinet or for larger gigs put them on either side of the drummer, etc.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I liked the 2x10 and 1x12 Avatar setup that I had. Good mids and lows (even w my 5 string)...

6. FuManChu

FuManChu

Mar 3, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Go for the Neo 410. I've bought and sold alot of equipment in the past years, but this is the cab I've held onto. Handles the B string fine and sounds great with the tweeter barely on. IMHO the best stand alone cab. I always had problems when mixing 2x10 with a 15 or an 18 or 12's. Even with a crossover you never really get the distribution between the speakers the way you want. 4x10 Neo all the way, and these things are super CHEAP!:hyper:

7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm planning on getting a 1X12 neo when I can. It'll be a great light, portable cab, for when I don't want to lug-around my 95lb JBL 2X15. From what I hear, it can put-out nice, rich lows, even for a low-B 5-string. It might be better at the subs than my JBL (I've still never heard an Avatar), being that the Jabe's a PA cab, and is probably optimized more for mids (I love it, and am more-concerned with mids anyway, my self; the lows that it does put-out are even sort-of burpy/mid-y).

I even can't help but wonder if the Avatar would be deep enough to use for a sub, biamped along with the JBL! That'd be expecting pretty much though, I imagine.

Joe

8. The ten's are too midrange and the fifteen's are too boomy to my taste. So I stick to the 12"s.
    My Avatar 112 Neo beats my Trace 4x12" and my 2 cabinet's with 2x12" Celestion's. So as soon as I can sell the Trace I will buy more Avatar's or perhaps some Schroeder Mini 12+. These are better I heard. But never got the chance to try them here in Europe .....

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Having owned a 212 neo from genz benz with the same speakers in it, I felt that cab had too much midrange for my tastes and the 410 Neo from avatar has a much broader selection of tone. It can handles the lows incredibly well, and the highs are clear and precise.

10. My stack consists of an Avatar B212 and a B115, non-neo, it creates a wall of sound. They really like high-powered solid state amps.

11. go with the 2x12 neo...it sounds louder than a 4 10 and will go lower also....

12. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    +1 on the 2 10 and 1 12

thats wut i got. its perfect. bring one cab for practice, both for gigs, and it is tremendous sounding.

13. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    it was also be boomier in practices and tight gigs.

the option of having 2 cabs, and 10s for practice is a necessity for me. its wut made me choose this rig over that carvin portable brx thing. cos the two 12s just didn't cut it in small areas (i demoed one at the store in cali)

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I tihnk a 212 and a 210 would be sweet.

Or if you play 5 strings.. 210 and 215.

15. If Dave is still using the original Deltalite speakers then I would get the 410 all the way. The original Deltalite 12's and 15's aren't optimized for bass guitar, or the enclosure size dave has them in. I have a 410 neo and it rocks, excellent clarity if you don't have your head too midscooped.

16. hmm.. i never thought about the 1x12 2x10 combo before...

i play a four string, and will most likely allways, play a four string..

i dont have anything against people who play them, or even the basses themselves, i just find them uncomfortable and kind of unnessisary in the types of music i play..

is just a 12 a decent stand alone?

i mean, i dont expect it to haul like a 4 10.. but

actually, the 1x12 2x10 sounds like a keeper to me... 1 12 only for jazz gigs with the upright, the 1 12 and 2 10s for rock/experimental gigs..

now, if i can get my cab to work so i can sell it.. lol... its making wierd buzzing noizes... im gonna have to keep messing with it

17. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I'd go with the Avatar 4-10 KappaPro. Handles big horsepower, and is a proven unit. Eminence is changing those Neo's , and I for one won't buy any till they have been out for a few years, to see if they sound better than the first ones, and can live for a while.

18. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    The older Deltalite 2510 Neo - especially Avatar's extended xmax version - is STILL a better choice than the Kappa Pro 10. The Kappa Pro was never meant to be used for bass guitar or in a cab that size. Graph the three Avatar choices in WinISD in an identical box size and see the difference. Your ears will later thank you.

19. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    IMHO...

NEO 210 sitting on top of a NEO 112. Way cool tone and easy to move around.