Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar Cabs...What type of x-over

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twangchief, Jun 4, 2004.

1. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    I have a 210 and a 212 that are suffering from what I believe to be failing 1/4" jacks. Buzzing and loss of signal in both but I tested with other cabs and amp works fine.The cabs are in a truck and I won't be able to get to them until the crew gets them out for the next gig.

I was hoping that a 'talkbass' member may have some of these cabs (11/03 purchase) and let me know if I can switch out the jacks easily or are the jacks soldered onto a board? I would need to arrive early for the gig (YUCK!!!) but I could be armed and ready with a screw driver and some solder.

Thanks,
    twang~~~~~~

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Why don't you email Dave and ask him? Never dealt with him personally but he aparanlty provides amazing customer service.

3. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Better yet, just pick up the phone and call him. He'll probably answer by the second ring.

4. I pulled the plate off the back of one of my CB112s and it should be an easy fix.All you'll need is a phillips screwdriver,solder and a soldering iron.No board ,just standard panel mounted jacks.

5. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Thanks BB2 for checking.

I check the crossover.....basically a low pass capacitor. Solder joints were fine in both cabs. I actually soldered the tabs to the speakers the day I got them for extra peace of mind.

Found out it's my power amp. :bawl:

twang~~~~~