1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avatar cabs. Your real world experience?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TSanders, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I know there are a ton of threads on these.

However, Im wondering if anyone is using them that has used some of the same stuff Ive been through, for a good comparison.

Ive heard lots of good about the Avatars. Since Im going to be on the market for a cab or two in the next month I wanted to see what I could find.

Heres what Ive been through in the past couple years. If you could offer a comparison to any cab on this list, Id be grateful.

Gallien-Krueger:
    410RBH
    Neo212
    Neo115

Ernie Ball MusicMan HD210 (two of em)

Bergantino:
    HT210
    HT115
    HT210S
    HT112
    HT322
    NV610

2. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a 115. It puts out sound. Flat, utilitarian sound with no character.

3. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I can only say what I've seen on the blues circuit. Lots of guys are using them, and very satisfied. 410s and 212 cabs. I 've heard no complaints.

4. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I've owned Ampeg, Aguilar, Dr. Bass, Schroeder, SWR and a few others and now I'm playing through an Avatar 210/212 neo rig. They don't have the absolute best tone but they're pretty darn good. The first time that I used them, I was in a blues band and we were hosting an event where 8-10 national acts where playing. All the bass players went through my rig. I was totally impressed by how well they sounded as I was listening to them throughout the day -- tight and definitely loud. And, the price point is such that, should anything ever happen to them, I wouldn't be too disappointed. If you think about it, most rooms aren't designed to take advantage of the tones that higher end rigs put out. So, I'm rockin' the Avatars. Not sure how long I'll have them but, for now they're working pretty well.

5. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I had an Avatar 2x10 and it just wasn't for me. I'm not a gear snob by any means -- my main amp is a Yorkville, but the Avatar just didn't do it for me. Kinda harsh & soulless to my fried ears. I can't speak highly enough about Dave & his company....very helpful & easy to deal with, but I unloaded that cab soon after I got it (took a bit of a bath on the resale too.)

Many swear by them, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Of course YMMV.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021