Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SixString, Jul 29, 2002.

1. SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    If i were to buy a Hartke 3500 and say an ampeg cab. Could i bu an avatar 2x10 or 1x15 and make the 1/2stack a full stack by useing both cabs. Or is hooking two cabs up to a 3500 not possible.

Also got anything bad/good to say about a.) Hartke 3500 b.)Hartke 4000 or c.) Avatar Cab's ?
  2. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    As long as both cabs are 8 ohm, you'd be fine hooking them up the 3500. The 3500 runs 240 watts at 8 ohms and 350 watts at 4 ohms. If you're going to run (2) 4 ohm cabs, consider the Hartke 7000 amp instead.

The 3500 is a great head! Many features for the money. These amps are louder than #$% for the wattage! I've had great luck with the Hartke 3500 heads I've owned. In fact, I just sold one for $260 including shipping (was my backup amp) in excellent / mint shape to get another Trace head (my favorite head).

I've heard heard of reliability issues with the 3500, but I've heard of reliable issues for almost every amp made!
  3. why not save a lil more cash and get 2 ampeg cabs, instead of an ampeg and an avater?

but yeah, all that is said above i agree with, i tried a Hartke 3500 wen i was on my 'Great Amp Hunt', and twas very nice, just not what i wanted :)

4. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I just recently (couple of weeks ago) bought a used Hartke 5000 and new Avatar B210 and Avatar B115 cabinets. I originally was looking at either the Ampeg B2R or B5R head with the Ampeg 410BXT cabinet, but money is an issue. The Hartke does not sound quite as nice as the Ampeg to my ears, but it is much louder. The Avatar speakers also do not sound as good as the Eden or Ampeg top of the line speakers, but they do sound good. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this rig as it is the one I'll use when we're playing louder venues and I can afford to not have quite as perfect tone (I play with 2 guitarists). It does sound clean and very loud. I can pump up the B210 + B115 much more than the Ampeg 410BXT and they're much easier to carry as well. The Hartke amps take a bit of tweaking, but they put out a lot more volume than the ampegs rated at similar wattage.