Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heavy_E, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    I am thinking of buying on of the Avatar Cabs specificly the 4x10. I wanted to see how you guys would rate them and what head might go well with it...

2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    do a search, man...avatars have been discussed pretty thoroughly here in the past. everyone seems quite pleased with them.
  3. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I'm happy with mine:D
  4. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    there is a ton of info under many threads about their value...
    I have used mine(4x10) heavily for 4 months, it's awesome, well built, Dave at Avatar is great. For the $$ it's hard to go wrong with it. I think most folks on TB that have them agree that it may not be an expensive cab, but it plays like/or better than many cabs much more costly. Just depends on your needs/preferences.

Good luck and let us know what you think if you get one! :D
  5. I'm using a Hartke 7000 with an Avatar 2x10 and a 1x15 and it kicks major gluteus!

Dave's a great guy to deal with. I love my setup and my cabs are very well built.
  6. I received my Avatar 4x10 cabinet three weeks ago. So far I've used it on three gigs and it has performed very well. I play small clubs mostly and have owned all of the expensive gear in the past. For the price, you can't go wrong. I had my cabinet set up at 4ohms so as to get max power out of a GK 800 RB. It appears to be the ticket for
    playing smaller venues.
  7. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I'm using a Hartke 5000 and an Avatar 2x10 plus Avatar 15. This is a good setup for me and it can be quite loud. It's loud enough that I've never had to really push the amp at all.