Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metallicarules, Dec 26, 2002.

1. I'm looking into buying myself a decent rig and I've recently heard some positive things about Avatar cabs. I did a search already and found out that most people like them, but I still have a few questions.

First of all, since I am price conscious I have been looking primarily at Peavey, Hartke, and Carvin stuff. How would you say the Avatar cabs compare in tone & value to these three brands?

Second, as far as price/tone/power, what would be preferable - a 2x10 + 1x15, or a 4x10.

Finally, where in the heck do you get Avatar cabs, I've already figured out that no stores around here carry them, is it even possible to get them in Canada without having to ship them from the States and pay 300% price due to the exchange rate and shipping?

Any input would be greatly appreciated :).

2. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    you get them from Avatar Spearers I think you will need to ship them to Canada, so there will be all that tax junk. I am considering one or more of these myself, and would appreciate hearing what others have to say about how the tone compares ton those other companies.

3. Hmm, checked out the website - after shipping and the exchange I would pay $600 - $700 for a 4x10. I've already seen a number of used Ampeg/Mesa/Eden cabs for a lot less than that.

Thanks anyway.