Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davidoc, Mar 21, 2003.

1. I have an Avatar B210 with the casters that you can order with them. I was wondering what the best way to install them is. Where do you guys put them? Any specific measurements? Is there anything that I need to know?

Also, the base of the mounting thing is not square; which orientation do you think would be better?

Thanks alot!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I haven't seen the casters that Dave sells, but the best way would be to use T nuts and bolts. Lag screws would be the second best. Spacing is up to you, but consider how you're going to use the cabinet. What will it be on top of, what will be on top of it, etc.

I'd think that casters on a 210 would be more of a hinderance than a help...even with my bad back.

If I was bent on doing it though, I'd probably put them on the end so that you could roll it along without having to bend way over to push it.

I'd recommend that you build a dolly with them...a piece of 3/4 in plywood with the casters installed on it. I have one that is covered in carpet and I've had it for 20+ years.

I bought a small folding hand truck at The Home Depot...it works well too.