1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groundloop, May 2, 2006.

1. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I was just about ready to pull the trigger on an SB112, with the aim of getting another later to make my stack, but I was in a music store today and they had a very clean CB112 for a silly low price. I'm looking for some opinions as to the differences between the CB and SB, and if anyone has any experience using the 2 together.

I mostly play a 5 string (don't play much below D though), and my amp is a Yorkville XS800.

Thanks in advance.

2. If you're talking about the SB112 Delta, the CB112 is essentially the same cab. They're both loaded with an Eminence Delta 12LF. The grille and the logo on the CB112 were oriented so the cab looked right standing up tall, and the SB112 looks right on its side. The SB112 is also an inch or so shorter in its longest dimension than the CB112. Avatar made these changes so the SB112 would stack right with the other Avatars, which the CB112 didn't. So, a CB112's corners won't lock in with an SB112's. I have 2 CB112s; they're nice deep sounding cabs which can easily handle a 5-string.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If you're not worried about stacking it, jump on it! But it looks like you do want to have stack at some point!

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

My CB112 came with a Kappa vs a Delta (tey were offered both ways). It was a great cab (still asking self why I sold it). My Kappa version was KILLER!

5. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

So far all I'm stacking on it is my Trace RAH300SMX (another great deal).

I went back and snagged it before someone else did. I lost out on an EA CXL112 a month ago, so I wanted to pounce on this one! It's got the Delta 12LF in it, and sounds sweet with the Trace. The only problem is some distortion in the tweeter. The cab has the old 6db crossover, so it's possible the tweeter has been damaged. Not a big deal as I'm not much of a tweeter guy anyway. I have another tweeter and crossover from a Peavey 210TXF laying around, so I might throw that in there, but what I really want to do is see if I can shoehorn a 5" or 6" mid driver in there. Any recomendations?

Hmmm. Now that my workshop (ie: the driveway) is free from snow and ice, maybe I'll make a 4x8 to sit on top!!

I'll report back after rehearsal tomorrow night. I can't really crank it in my apartment because at a certain point the everything starts shaking and obscuring the cab!