Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar Compact 15 + 12 set for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Gabu, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I like these two, but I have decided to grab Avatar's newer compact set.

They are both in great condition. I don't believe that there are any tears in the carpet or dings in the grill. They have been played, but not abused. They are each 8 ohms. I believe the 15 is a Kappa and the 12 is a Delta, but I will double check when I get home tonight. The 15 has had one of its input jacks upgraded from a 1/4" plug to an XLR input.

They sound great together, and I would prefer to sell them as a set.

I am asking for $220 for the pair, + whatever my actual shipping costs to you are. I will provide the box, packing, and insurance.

If you are in SoCal, I would be happy to let you try before you buy. Just send me a PM!

2. Man...I really want that 15...but,I doubt you'd sell it seperate?

*shrug* the shipping would be killer..

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i would be interested in the 1x12... whats the ohmage on it??? (please be 8, please be 8...)
    maybe me and osama can split it up??

ok nvm i just realized it says that .... osama are you down for the splittage?/ mr. seller man?

would you take trades or just cash?

oh and how much does the 1x12 weigh? could it handle a drop d pretty loud without farting out or anything?

I'm pretty interested if i could just take the 1x12, i really don't have a need for the 15. i got alot of lows. i would also use it for bringing my rig to 4 ohms, and for smaller gigs. please reply or just PM me.

Thank you,
    Scott

4. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    What are the dimensions please?

Thanks.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Okay guys... FYI:

Both cabinets have kappa speakers in them.

The cabs are each 17"x17"x16" in size.

I couldn't actually weigh them, but they are light, I seem to remember 35 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. How much would you sell the 15 for?

(just the 15...)

thanks!

-Jon:oops:

7. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I like these two, but I have decided to grab Avatar's newer compact set.

I just bought this set last month and am very impressed:D

8. Still for sale?

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ooo me!!!!
    if you still have them in a week...its all mine

steve

10. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    Hey dude, I'd prefer the Deltas ... and can't say I need more cabs anyway. Good luck with the sale though ... that's almost free !

11. Hipnotic

Hipnotic

Feb 26, 2002
    CT/NY U.S.A.
    I'll buy the whole setup for $220 + shipping. Let me know if you want to do it.

12. Hipnotic

Hipnotic

Feb 26, 2002
    CT/NY U.S.A.
    I own an Avatar b112. Mine is the old version, same look as yours but mine came with a Kappa speaker. Did you put the delta in or did you buy it that way?

13. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hi everyone,

I am surprised this generated so much interest so quickly. Umm... Sheesh.

I see that there were a couple of offers for the individual cabs first, but my preference is to sell the set, so I will email Hipnotic first. If it works out I will post here again letting you all know that they are sold. Otherwise, I will email Osama and Romeo to see if they are still interested in buying the sepperate cabs.

Thanks very much everyone. I am sorry if its confusing I wasn't expecting such quick responses.

14. even though,it's not in my favor...you said you wanted to sell the set,as a set...so I think it was a good idea to make that decision.

I hope things go good for you,even if it doesnt benefit me:)

15. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks man! I appreciate your being such a good sport about it. :)

16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah werd. i've just wanted a 1x12 for awhile, but i dont' want/need a 15. so if the other guy donesnt' buy it talk to us.

17. Hipnotic

Hipnotic

Feb 26, 2002
    CT/NY U.S.A.
    Hey Gabu. I just wanted to post here to let you know I definitely want the cabs. I'm not going to be able to e-mail you until later tonite because I'll be away all day. I'll e-mail you later tonite and we'll square away all of the details. Thanks.

18. Oh darn...

well,atleast a butthead didn't get 'em...

please tell me how they sound :)

(to hypnotic)

:oops:

19. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    are they sold?
    i have the money sitting here waiting...

thanks
    steve

20. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks very much, everyone. The cabs are sold. Good luck on your search!

Gabriel