Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar Compatibility (mixing cabs)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaosMK, Jul 1, 2005.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    After some experimentation with my rig setup, I've found my Avatar 2x10 Kappa Pro works well with in combination with one of my cabs and not the other. Ive tried this cab with both my Mesa Boogie Diesel 1x15 and SWR Workingman's 1x15. I use a MAG head and play metal.

The Avatar has a pretty tight/limited sound with the Mesa. It is plenty loud and projects, but doesnt quite hit the spot.

With the SWR cab, the Avatar really shines. Great full tone, punchy as can be. Its a great rig. I would have thought the Mesa, being pretty high end, would have worked better and was a little surprised.

Anyone else have experience with Avatar cabs and their compatibility with other makes?

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    While my Avatar SB112 is a great little cab, it can't keep up with my Schroeder 1212. I've tried a few times, but it can't match the volume nor the low end that the 1212 can take...and starts getting flubby.

I used to use it as a bottom for my old BP104 loaded carvin 4x10 and it matched pretty well, giving more lows and staying tight.