Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar, demeter, QSC rig is now complete!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scraig, Jul 15, 2005.

1. scraig

scraig

Apr 15, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    It is a longtime coming - my rig is complete and it kicks. Avatar B2x10's and B112, Demeter VTB tube preamp, and QSC PLX 1202 amp. I have had the Demeter for years and use it for DI to main boards and some studio work. The Demeter is very clean. Initially I ran the cabs parallel but changed to bridge mono. This produced more power (at less gain) and no amp clipping. The cabs have excellent tone and full range that cut thru other band instruments/vocals. That is what I have been lacking. Previous amps did not have the mids that I was satisfied with. The low B is solid but not boomy like an 18". The tweeter on the 10" is noisy/hiss, and I turned it down to about 1/4. This works fine. The tweeter in the 12" cab much less noisy and has no hiss. Are the tweeters wired different in the B210’s and B112’s? I have played thru Carvins, Fender Baseman’s, Ampegs, Peaveys, and Eden. The Avatar is a good bang for the buck, and I am :hyper: . Carvin tens lack good clean mids. Thank all TalkBass users for the reviews this played and important part in my rig decision.

2. Dont you people read the rules, you need pics for a thread like this :smug:

3. scraig

scraig

Apr 15, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    Congrates, that is the same rig I have - except my Demeter Preamp was starting to act up. I believe it needs new preamp tubes. I am now using a Sansamp DI box. The little Sansamp is awsome - clean and quiet.