Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danhorne, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Hey everyone, I've done some searching but i'm not sure yet. I'm thinking of adding something to my rig (Walkabout,GS112) after x-mas. I've been looking into the Avatar 212,210,410 cabs. They are cheap compared to many other brands, say eden, ampeg, etc. How do they sound? would they be a good match for my current setup? I looking for something to fill out the sound and add some volume. I don't like pushing the single 112 much. any help/advice would be good.

basicly i'm asking are the Avatars good, soundwise, quality. And will they match with my Mesa and Aguilar, or sound like poo?

thanks,
    Dan

2. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i love my setup (read my sig). the cab i have sounds amazing. i'm planning to add a 115 for the extra rumble, but for smaller shows i'm blown away by the tone (and the volume) i can present.

3. i was especially interested in the 410 neo. So i take it you like it alot? can it handle the lows(5'er)?

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I also love my B410 Delta, outstanding cabinet. I use it with a Traynor YBA200 all tube head and a GK 700RB-II and as of tonight a Peavey BAM 210 combo and t sounds amazing at all times. Lots of power, lots of punch, very clear and present. But you should call Dave at Avatar, very cool guy, and see if he'll ship to you as I think he only ships within the US. Go for it, Avatars are amazing cabinets for cheap.

5. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    haven't tried it on a 5'r, but i see no reason why not. you could always get the 210neo and add a 115. that was my original plan, but just love the looks of a 410. call dave at avatar and ask him about it handeling a 5'r. the freq responce of the subs is down around 40hz i think, so i would imagine the speaker is made to handle it.

6. I'd be pairing it with my GS112 which gets some crazy lows for such a little thing. So i probably wouldn't be ever matching it with a 15. If i did get another Avy it would be the 212.

Thanks for the reply's so far! anyone else sneaking around out there?

7. I think one of the 2x10 cabs would match up well with your GS112. Go for it. You won't regret it one bit.

8. excellent... i worry to much, all i need is to find some one to send it too in the US. I contacted Dave, and he said they don't ship internationaly anymore, due to some bad experiences :scowl: . However i have some family down south i can dig up