Avatar Horn replacement / removal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ghindman, Feb 13, 2006.

1. ghindman

Feb 10, 2006
    Well, I've somehow gone and blown the horn on my Avatar 210 Delta, so I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone replaced their horn with something they're particularly happy with? I found the thread regarding the Peerless dome tweeter, which sounds like a possibility, but I was wondering if that, or a direct Foster replacement are my only options.

Alternatively, I may just disable the horn and save my money for a new cab - the delta just can't handle my Stingray5, anyway. My thought was to just cap the leads and stuff em back in the cabinet. Any issue with doing this? With the circuit incomplete, there shouldn't be any load on any of the other components. Anyone see any error/issue with this thought?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The upgrade in which a Peerless tweeter was used as a replacement also included a new crossover...

If you just disconnect the Foster, make sure you leave the tweeter in the hole..otherwise you'll mess up the cabinet's tuning.

If you want to disconnect the wiring, remove the input cup from the back, insulate the quick connects for the tweeter, bundle the wiring up and tape it to the wiring harness. Having the wiring flopping around in the cabinet isn't a good idea.
  3. ghindman

Feb 10, 2006
    Yeah, thanks - I have the crossover upgrade info.