1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SeanIl98, Sep 10, 2020.

1. SeanIl98

SeanIl98

Sep 10, 2020
    Hello, I'm looking for a couple 2x12 cabs and I originally decided on the Avatar B2126. The problem is I live in Canada and with the shipping, it would come out to around 1700$ CAD or almost 1300 USD for both. 2000$ could get me a GK 4x12 at Long and McQuade but other than that there are very few options for 12 inch speakers around the price of the avatars - I've been checking Facebook/Kijiji as well. I'm wondering if this is just too big a price for the Avatars or if it might be worth it. I've read they're decent but not the best cabs.

2. If it's cheaper with shipping, then it's cheaper with the shipping. They might nail you at the border with duty (I couldn't tell you what you could get away with nowadays), but Avatar has lots of happy customers and I doubt it would end up costing more than 2 grand after that.

Would it be better than the GK? Honestly I couldn't tell you. But I'd put money on the idea that the two cabs (well okay, one cab and other pair of cabs together) would probably be fairly comparable in terms of meaningful performance in that they'd be good at keeping up with drummers and guitarists whichever you go with. Also, the avatar cabs would be harder to move as a pair, BUT you could also only bring one of them to a place whereas the GK you'd be stuck with dragging the whole thing out there.

SeanIl98 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021