Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LoveThatBass, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Dave has started putting his 12db crossover on his cabs
    This should be a good improvement!

2. In addition to the above information I have to tell you guys to keep a look out in the future for some new high end cabs with tolex and dovetail joints. Dave is always trying to better his stuff. I am sure this will be in addition to his present line of cabs.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Dave has been dovetailing his ends ever since I got my first cab from him back in 2002!

4. Dave just verified via email that he will have both lines, the present carpet covered and the higher end tolex. There are other things in the works but I will let Dave talk when he is ready.

5. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    If he goes to some nice tolex I'd definately think of getting another Avatar to go with my Sunn 2x15.

I just hope he tries to experiment a bit with 2x15's, 2x10+15's stuff like that

6. I am sure he is reading this thread and will take all suggestions into consideration, so if their are any more put them down here.
    I suggested a 15" cab with an 8" midrange.
    Any comments?

7. By the way, thought I would add that I am not affiliated with Avatar speakers in any way. I just really think a lot of Dave at Avatar. He is a stand up act with a decent product and wanted you guys to know he is working on improveing them.
    There are other things he has talked about but I am keeping them under my hat for now as they are just in the testing stage and may or may not pan out for him. But if I were a betting man I would say they will.

8. How about an 8x10 or a 6x10? I'd be interested.

9. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    and 2x15 with tweeters ill be all over that!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

10. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    what about a 15 - 12 - 10 with tweeter.. with well designed xover network.

you could call it "The Accuvatar" or "The El Avataro"

lol

11. A 2x12 with a 6" midrange driver and a nice tweeter (with the new crossover) - separate mid and high-range controls with dual speakon/quarter inch inputs.

Tolex covering - dimensions about 25/24/17....60 pounds.

How's that for a suggestion ;)

Oh - 4-ohm option would be the bomb.

12. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA

hahahaha :D

Groovatar

13. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Has anyone heard of any updates on the tolex on these cabs?

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Or maybe a 6" to keep size/weight down?

dcr

15. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I would LOVE to see an angle front 4/10 NEO cab. I just hate the fact that on smaller stages I have to find some way to raise my cabs or kick them back to hear them properly without playing too loud. Fender has a great one, but I bet Avatar's would be better. The key is to have the top extend out a bit like on the Fender so you can still put your racks on top as needed.

16. Nkisi_Nkondi

Nkisi_Nkondi

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm still waiting for that dreamy 18" heh

17. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I second that one! I just began thinking that a configuration like that would be useful to me. I have just begun looking around at what is currently available. If Avatar were to come out with a cab like that, I would wait for it. I am very satisfied with my older 212, so I am familiar with the quality of Avatar and would love to see some different cab options.

Something else I'd love is a compact sub that could take the place of my Acoustic 301!

18. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    =======================

Or just call it a SWR Traid.

19. Any kind of big cab from Avatar would be sweet, as in 2x15, 6x10, 8x10, 4x12, Mesa powerhouse 1000 style, etc..

20. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    A 2x10 with tolex and wizzer cones. Or, a 2x10 with a 6" midrange driver and tolex. That would be the sh$#!