Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Avatar Kappa Pro cabs like new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pgurns, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I have 2 like new Avatar Kappa Pro cabs for sale. One is a 115 the other is a 210. Here is some info from Avatar on the 210.

The American made Eminence Kappa PRO tens have huge 80 oz. magnets, large 3 inch voice coils, and a lightweight die cast aluminum basket for extra rigidity. These Kappa PRO tens have a lower frequency response than our previous B210 bass cab. Each Kappa PRO ten inch speaker is rated at 500 watts RMS. Total power handling is 1000 watts.

I'm asking 190 a piece, from what I've seen here on the board it seems fair but feel free to run any offers by me. Preference given to local pickups. Feel free to run any CABINET trades by me. I'll put up some cash if needed for the right deal.

2. PM sent, very interested.

3. ok please tell me how do these kappa pros sound? :confused: is the 15" articulate and tight at low bass? does the tweeter in it make a difference? are the cabinets bi-ampable?
    i've tried to read up on the avatars but still have concerns since i haven't tried any.
    mainly play soul, r n' b.

4. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I found the 15 to be fairly tight and it does get real low. I honestly never played a fiver through them so I can't comment on a low B situation. I have a BBE 3 way crossover that I experimented with (also for sale) and when I sent the lows through the 15 it handled it well even down to 50-60 Hz.

The highs are nice but not as glassy as some other higher end bigger dollar cabs. They have an attenuator for the tweeters but you can't really go up all the way without it sounding somewha harsh, Tha neve bothered me because I don't like that ultra high end, if I did I would play the geeetar :) It gets more than enough to cover some decent slap tones though. All in all it's a nice cab as is the 210. especially for the money. You can find some good info here on TB as well as the Eminence site which you can link to from the avatar site and they cover all the technical details as far as the speakers themselves. One last thing just for reference I am running a BMax Tube preamp through a Mackie 1400 power amp as far power handling these things are monsters they can handle the extreme wattage if you need it to but it still sounds really well without the gobs of power. If I can be of anymore help just drop me a line or call me on my cell. PM me for the number.

Paul

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    BTW King where are you located? you are more than welcome to stop by the house and test drive it if you are near northern Illinois (McHenry area)

6. More PM's!
    You got one more from me.

7. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    back atcha coolkid. Sounds like a good deal. But I need to know where I will be shipping them to be sure

8. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    OK looks like the 2x10 is gone. Just need to find a good home for the 15

9. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    The 210 has definitely been sold. C'mon someone make me an offer for the 115 :oops:

might be up for a trade involving a U-Retro Deluxe

10. Hehe, thanks Paul. I'll post what it's like when it arrives. It'll be at the SE GTG too, if anyone is questioning it.

11. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I might be interested in the 15..will u ship to canada? my postal code is s0l-3j0. pm me and we'll talk!

12. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    how many ohms on the 15? pleeeze tell me it's an 8 !!!

13. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.