1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shoot-r, Oct 25, 2009.

1. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I've been on the hunt for "two" light weight 2-10 cabs for a modular, vertically stacked, 4-10 rig for some time now.
    I've tried a W-H-O-L-E bunch of different manufactures 2-10 cabinets.
    Some VERY expensive ones!
    Some VERY.......VERY expensive ones!!
    I found a single, lightly used Avatar Neo 2-10 at a reasonable price. (Thank-you Dano59!)
    All I can say is, if your on the fence about going with a Avatar cabinet, go ahead and jump for the Avatar!
    This is one of the least expensive, quality made cabs on the market, and IMHO, it kept up with or outshone 99% of the high dollar 2-10 cabs I auditioned.
    It's got the lows, mids and highs. Good balanced tone, well built, and capable of very loud volumes.
    Only problem I've found thus far.......now I definitely want a second one!

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Just curious, have you tried any of the Carvin neo 210's ?

3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    No sir. Would have liked to. Carvin is one of the few major cab manufacturers that I didn't have the chance to audition.

4. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Gotta say, welcome to the club! Avatar cabs are THE best cab for the money, no matter which brand somebody is trying to push as the best. They do it for my ears, and I've only done this for 41 years now!

5. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    I use a twin 2-10 Avatar rig, vertical stacked. It is a great rig, I can always hear myself very well and can get any sound I want or need.

I bought my cabs used, $300 for both. Nice.

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    They excel in Bang for the Buck.

I'd gigged 2 vert stacked 210's for a couple years. Now I've invested in a better PA (QSC K10 series) and am now able to just use a single avatar 210 on stage and let the PA work harder, so I sold my other 210. Dual 210's aren't going to give someone bone crushing sub low earth moving low end, but they're going to be very present, full and listenable on stage. Just depends on what the player needs, and what their perception of 'acceptable' is.

They work great for my needs.

7. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    +1

8. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois

9. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Called Dave of Avatar "late" Wed. the 4th.
    Ordered another 210 Neo.
    Recieved the cab early this morning!
    These guys are great!!! :D:D:D

10. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Anyone try to play a 5 string through a pair of 2x10's stacked vertically?

11. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

pics?