1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avatar Neo 212 vs Genz Benz Neo 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lincoln, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Lincoln

Lincoln Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Akron
    Yes...I did a search, but that thread didn't provide a whole lot of info, so I'm hoping to spur new discussion before I drop some change...I would be running a Shuttle 6.0 head through it.

Thoughts?

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I owned the head and the GB Neox 212 for awhile. I did'nt care for the head and got a MarkBass F1, which sounded alot, chunkier and crisp sounding high end. The cab I liked except when it came time to move it - very awkward to push in front of you, especially if you have a head on top when moving in and out of gigs. I made the remark that it would be the perfect cab if you had a houseband gig where you could leave it on stage all the time. Other than that, a nice sounding cab.

3. Lincoln

Nov 3, 2006
    Akron
    I like the 6.0 alot - I previously owned an SWR SM 500 and they are quite comparable in sound. Very transparent....

I'm considering an Avatar Neo 212 and I've heard alot of raving over it, but I'm curious if anyone has a head to head comparison of the GB Neo 212 and the Avatar Neo 212...

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Which GB Neo cab?

5. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Fraser, MI
    +1 for the Avatar :)

6. Lincoln

Nov 3, 2006
    Akron
    Neo X 212, I'd imagine

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021