1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Avatar Neo 410 and/or 212 cabs...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J Blud, Aug 19, 2007.

Poll closed Sep 2, 2007.
  1. Awesome stuff, buy one today!

37 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. Terrible, dont go near them...

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. J Blud

J Blud

Aug 19, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    What are your thoughts on these? I've been really curious, but I don't know anyone in my town that has either, so I can't really check them out. Do they stand up for gigging? How are the Highs, Mids, and Lows?

2. 0--+LoveBass

0--+LoveBass

May 11, 2007
    Ithaca Ny
    Go to there website and get the link to the cabinet reviews

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Not to be rude, search the forums. This has been beaten to death.

4. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    i have the 212 and it sounds awesome. They are super friendly to, and the shipping was very fast. I have a mag600 head running mine, and i love the sound.

5. stealth51

stealth51

Jan 26, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I've got a 210 NEO and the sound is great. Daves a great guy. Avatar's service is A+++ :bassist:

6. I ran 2 4 X10" Avatar Neo cabinets for about two years and they were awesome. Awesome service from Avatar, Dave is a great guy with customer service at the front.

More information with the search though!

7. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I have (2) 2-12 neo cabs powered by a Gk 700rbII. Now I am going deaf.

8. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    2x12" and 2x10" Neos for me that's perfect as a "mini-rock" (as opposed to 2 4x10", and 8x10", or larger rig) setup: the 12" is great for low and low-mids, while the 10" are wonderful for high-mids and the higher-range. I'm thinking of picking up a 4x10" cabinet so if I need to amplfly myself with no PA the 4x10"/2x12" would be one killer rig, either the 4x10" or 2x12" solo would be great for a smaller volume, and having the 2x10" is a great option for either (keeping my current rig or a 6x10"). :D

The only negative is one of my own - I purchased my before Dave offered the Line-X coating. I'd do unspeakable things to be able to own the 2x12", 4x10", and 2x10" with that coating and not worry about fur, smoke, and other annoying issues the you deal with when you have rat fur. :scowl:

9. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    One of my band members owns the 2x12 neo cab. It is a really nice cab for the price. If you are trying to save cash the Avatar cabs are great.

Using a GK 1001 RBII and the neo 2x12 8 ohm the cab can not take all of the GK. It can only take less than half of the GK. The cab is rated at 500W and the GK puts out 460 at 8 ohms.

10. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    i use to think the same thing until i learned how to properly use my gk rb head. i thought the speakers were giving out but turns out the gk heads like to distort a bit at high volumes. could be just me though.