1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

avatar neo 410 w/ 320 watt head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Flutie, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Mr. Flutie

Mr. Flutie

Feb 11, 2006
    i was wondering if my head would work well w/ an avatar neo 4x10. i have a nemesis na 320 (320watts at 4 ohms) head. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    I have no experience with the nemesis, but I know for a fact that the avatar can handle it, and will sound great doing so. I love avatar. Just keep in mind if you ever want to get a second cab, then you should definitely get the 8 ohm version, so later you can add a second 8 ohm to make it four, but the 410 would work damn well on it's own, so the 4 ohm version may also be a good idea. It all depends on your preferences.

3. Mr. Flutie

Mr. Flutie

Feb 11, 2006
    thanks, i know that the cab can handle my head. i was wondering if my head could feed the cab enough watts.

4. Should be fine. I used a Walkabout (300 @ 4) to drive my 410 NEO. The little Mesa never broke a sweat, and I thought they were a good matchup, soundwise.

5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i will be gettign an avatar 4x10 or 2x12 soon probably and will be pushing it with a 380 watt gk700rb...you should be fine.

6. Mr. Flutie

Mr. Flutie

Feb 11, 2006
    thanks, i think im going to go ahead and pick one up.

7. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Mr. F, are you getting a 4 or 8 ohm cab?? ...

8. I dunno if this helps, I've been waiting to praise my Avatar 1x12 I got for x-mas. The sound is right up there with my Ampeg PR410HLF. If it is any indication on how their other products are...well...you'll be very happy. I won't say its better than the best cabs out there, but they do beat out SWR, Ampeg, and GK (IMO!!!). I'm buying another 1x12 because I would love to have another portable cab (Avatars are light! 4x10 included! My ampeg weighs 128lbs). I think the 4x10 will be a great fit for anyone, but the horn is kinda eh, but I can work my way around it. Lemmie know how the 4x10 works out for ya!
    ---Actually---
    I would suggest getting 2 1x12's because you can always just grab one to take out for a little gig or jam session. Mines being pushed by an 450 watt ampeg head 4 ohm, and in 8 ohms running about 175-200watts, this single cab sounds excellent. Its about 38 pounds, which is amazingly light, you can carry it for a while or up stairs with ease ( I gotta carry it up 3 stories). I was going to get 1 or 2 SWR 1x15's, but this 1x12 gets low enough, and I could just imagine 2 of them together. I've been evaluating this cab throughly so that I don't give an excited spur of the moment review, and I can honestly tell you that I am in love with this thing. I almost bought 2 used Bergies (1x12s) and this one beat them out sound and presence wise. (Can't vouch for the 4x10s going head to head). I would think about getting 2 1x12s, they'll respond wonderfully with your 320 4ohm head, cause each one will get the right amount of power.

9. Mr. Flutie

Mr. Flutie

Feb 11, 2006
    tjh-im looking at getting a 4ohm if i get the 4x10.

im going to take a look at the 2x12, i think that is a great idea thanks.

10. Mr. Flutie

Mr. Flutie

Feb 11, 2006
    well... i ordered the b212. should be here soon since i live next door to idaho. thanks for helping me out.

11. Johnny5

Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    Cool, good luck with the B212. I got the B410 4 ohm in black tolex with a slip cover and bolt on casters a few months back, and I'm really diggin it. At first I ran it with my 350w SVT350 and it was a great match. But since then I've upgraded to a bigger head, and still sounds great. Horns a little noisy if you turn it up full, but I normally leave it at 12-2 o clock and it's pretty quiet.