1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lttoler, Apr 28, 2010.

1. lttoler

lttoler

Dec 14, 2005
    Georgia
    Can anyone describe the tone differences in these two cabs? I plan on getting one or the other for my top 40 cover band. I use either a GK 1001 RB and an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro at gigs if that matters. Thanks in advance!

2. If you go to the Avatar site, there is a good review from Bass player magazine that covers both speakers your interested in.

3. punkrocko

punkrocko

Jun 18, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I have both cabs. I find they have a surprisingly similar voice. To my ear, the 4-10 goes a little lower and louder, and the 2-12 has a little more going on in the low mids.

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    This is how I would describe them also. The 410 will have a bit more "punch" to the sound. You cant go wrong with either one. If weight is a factor go with the 212. If you need massive stage volume and punch, go with the 410.