Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boonk, Jan 16, 2006.

1. boonk

boonk

Jan 11, 2006
    NB CANADA
    Im am trying to decide between the Avatar 4x10 with the deltalites or the 4x10 with the kappa pros, they are the same price here in Canada, which would you recomend for drop tuned play, i usually play CGCF but sometimes DADG and weirdly enough since i have a string I sometimes play ADGCF.

And oh yea, I will be getting a 1x15 to go along with it some time this summer.

Any input on either cab would be appreshiated.
    Thanks

Mike Barrett :bassist:

2. According to the speaker gurus around here, the 10" Neo speakers are much better at handling the lowest frequencies than the Kappa.

3. Would anybody care to elaborate on the differences, because I'm trying to decide between the two as well.
    Thanks!
    C7

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The Neos are electric bass drivers, the Kappa Pros are PA midbass drivers that were designed to be used along with a subwoofer. The Neos go a full octave lower than the Pros.

5. Damn I want an Avatar...

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I would go Neo. My Kappa Pro is about the heaviest 2x10 I've run across. Sounds nice though.

7. Nico3535

Nico3535

Mar 8, 2006
    Florida
    I own a avatar 2x12 neo and it kicks major ass. I play really low at times and its juts a warm cab, never farts or complaints!