1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avatar Neo410 arrived yesterday!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tonynoriega, May 30, 2007.

1. Due to the overwhelming positive response I read on TB, I ordered a NEO410 (4 ohm) and it arrived yesterday......I have to say that I already like the sound, although I haven't giged with it yet - just played it in my living room.

I have been using a Hartke 410xl cab for a while and want to A/B the two cabinets but I've never done that before......does it require a special a/b switch (I know I can plug and unplug the cabs, but would rather have an instant switching).

Thanks to you Avatar fans for hooking me up with this cabinet! The weight savings alone is worth the price!

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Cool! Dave does a good job, eh? As, as far as A/B'ing. I just hook and un-hook cabs as I go. I'll run both cabs with a variety of eq settings and give both cabs equal chance. I think that each cab has its sweet spot so, unless you have two similar heads, it's pretty hard to a totally accurate comparison.

3. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Hope you love it as much as I do mine, Tony. What amp are you running with, and show us a photo! Put a post in the Avatar Rigs of Doom!!

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    So what about the sound? How about telling us why you like it?

MM

5. As I said, I haven't gigged with it yet so there hasn't been a 'real world' test, but in my living room it was immediately evident that it puts out distinctive notes in the mid and high range, and also gives me the all important low notes I rely upon for playing blues. I could discern none of the "Neo" sound I've heard about.

I play through an Ampeg SVT-3 head and always run through my Sadowsky DI/Pre going in the input. The bass is an original Fender '66 Jazz with Bartolinis in it.

Here's the main thing for me..........I'm 61 (yep, I know I'm lucky to still be playing at this age - and I'm grateful that I'm in good health). Each weekend I've had to rely on help to load that Hartke cabinet and, being an independent type of person I didn't like that. When I unloaded the Avatar from the box and lifted it I knew that I'd be able to load it without strain or stress...........hey, you guys will be this old one day and understand what I'm talking about!!

I'll have more to report after 4 hours on stage.

Thanks again......Tony

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021