Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikarre, May 17, 2003.

1. mikarre

mikarre Guest

I just checked Avatar's web site and they don't have the 112 and compact 115 on it anymore. Were these cabs discontinued? Bummer.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, I must have missed it if it was.

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Being redesigned to lay on their sides.

3. bluebyrd

bluebyrd

Jun 12, 2000
    On the Avatar web site, click on the link that says Specials. I just bought a CB115H, so they still have the compact cabs, the CB115 and CB115H, and the CB112. Just fyi.

4. Yeah, they Dave Avatar discontinued his compact bass cabs which were pretty old. He redesigned them to be front-slot ported as well as taller. He sold them for a week or two and I havent seen them since. Of course I havent check his website in over a week (hey, Im looking for cabs so i check frequently). I'll recheck, see if any news came up...

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The compact cabs were getting "pretty old".... wow, they only came out last June...

6. sorry:rolleyes: I thought they were his first line of bass cabs. I didn't mean it in a bad way for god's sake.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I guess I should have put a wink or something in my post. Actually, I'm not too sure how long the C15 had been around, but the B112 came out in Mid '02. I believe I bought the first production B112 as it was just before it was on his web site...and before the price decrease (I paid $199 but he started off selling them at $179).

8. well you own one so you've got more say over me.

oh yeah...

;)

9. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It doesn't seem like the new ones are as small or light. That's too bad. I think that for a "compact" cab, size is more important than "true low" bass. Otherwise, compact cabs wouldn't exist. It seems like these new cabs are kind of becoming a medium cab.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/CB115.htm

Its now 25 1/2" x 17 3/4" x 16 1/2", and 54 lbs.

The full size B15 27" X 25" X 16 1/2", and 69 lbs.

I guess it is smaller and lighter, than the full size one. But my old compact weighs around 40lbs. And I think its about 18" x 18" x 16". Now that's compact!