Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wiggett, May 14, 2005.

1. http://www.avatarspeakers.com

delete this if this is old news, but avatar now has canadian and european distributors.

a b212 costs 435CDN +PST and GST

2. New news to me! That's great for Dave and the rest of the Avatar crew.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    The Canadian distributor can be found at www.steamcomusic.com However, their website is still under construction.

4. its because they are brand new. i emailed them today, as they are located in winnipeg, (where i live).

they are ordering their first shipment this week, and all prepaid orders will be guaranteed that they get what they order the first time.

im gnna get a b212. :hyper:

5. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    wat about australia? :crying:

even if they do end up here, they'll probably be overpriced...just look at the fender stuff... :scowl:

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  7. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    avatar's exclusive Canadian distributor/retailer is www.steamcomusic.com . the website is up and running!! As far as the pricing, the products will still be marketed the same as the usa "factory direct". extreme effort has gone in to getting these to canada and keeping them affordable!! there is grand opening specials on till the end of june!!

8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    That is great news! I was going to buy an Avatar but didn't due to the shipping hassles.

9. well you can get one now, and their sale is 50% off shipping costs.

however i live in winnipeg, where the distributor is located, so i wont have to pay shipping, but i will have to pay 7%PST. :mad:

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So much for my budding business smuggling Avatar bass cabs across the border into Canada. Just kidding! :)

This is some great news for you Canucks!!

-Mike

11. Oh yeah, I just saw this the other today. Congrats to all you guys...I'm in the U.S., and am ordering a 410 next week :bassist:

12. Soulbanana

Soulbanana

May 7, 2004
    Singapore
    We really need 'em here in Oz, gear prices are ridiculous, and somebody somewhere is making an absurd amount of bread. It's not the manufacturers, neither is it the musos.

I was checking out a Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1x15. AU$1,399? Even if I had the dough, I don't think I could justify it. AU$1,099 for a MIM Precision? Likewise.

Why, oh why.

13. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I'd say. I definitely see a B212 in my future!!

14. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    I just talked to dave at avatar today and he is in talks with a guy to distribute Avatar in australia. don't know when it will happen though. i priced a shipment for a guy "down under" and the shipping was $200 more than the price of the cab!! that's why it is so expensive. Hang tough and hopefully he can get them to you for an affordable price.

15. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    hi, don't worry, the equivalent of the 50% off discount will be applied if you want to pick one up locally!

16. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005

G'day fellow Aussie TB'ers, hang tight... I'm the one discussing distro in Australia with Dave. I'm currently pricing shipping, customs fees, duties GST, quarantine etc etc etc...

I can definitely see why there is a mark up on gear here (but I also agree the mark-up on some items is just way overboard). I'd like to get a feel for what you guys would be expecting to pay for them. It's looking like a 410PRO for example would go for approx AUD $1000 and a 210PRO for approx AUD$700-$800. I personally think that is a fantastic price for the quality of cab you get. You also get full LOCALLY SUPPORTED manufactures warranty. So for easily under AUD$2K you will have one stomping rig!

You would be lucky to even pick up a second hand “name brand” cab for close to these prices. New, you would be looking at Behringer or Mercury which IMO come nowhere near the quality of Avatar…

I really feel I don’t need to “sell” Avatar cabs to anyone; they just need to do a little bit of research online to see how many satisfied owners there are. I personally own 2 and could not be happier with them.

I am close to locking it all in and will have more info for you all in a few days!

… stay tuned! :D