Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rezdog, May 31, 2004.

1. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Was wondering how the new SB112's are working out? Is anyone using a pair of these and how do they compare to the B212 Avatar or any other 12" cabs out there. I know there have been alot of Avatar threads in the past and yes I've read them all, but I would like some new info on the new SB112.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rezdog

2. lowmid1

lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I was wondering the same thing. How do these cabinets handle the B string? What would 2 of these cabinets powered with 500 watts each sound like?

3. lowmid1

lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I went ahead and ordered 2 SB112's and I should have them by the middle of next week. I needed some more portable cabinets for practices and these looked like they might work. Dave was very helpful and answered all my questions....he seems like a good guy! I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival. Rezdog.......when I get them I'll let you know what I think.

4. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    I am running an older CB112 cabinet with a GK 1001RB and having no problems with the B string. For a small cabinet, these go deep. In fact, if I add a second cab to it, it would be another 12 or a 1x10, I don't think a 15 would add much. I think the SB and CB series are very similar.